Blinkie Block Tutorial
This page will help if you are making Blinkie blocks for yourself or for your own Blinkie Maker. You can use any graphics program, but I would recomend Paint Shop Pro not just for Blinkies but for all your image work. The more you work with any program the easier it gets.|
A Blinkie is made up from Blocks, Icons and Letters
- You can use a graphic progam like MSPaint or PSP
- Open Paint and draw a square, then zoom in to be able to see what you are doing.
- Choose your color and also a lighter shade and a darker shade.
- Fill in your square [see examples below]
- Make the background transparent.
- Crop the image and save.
- Repeat with more colors, shapes and size.
||Zoomed in view
|11 x 11 Square
|11 x 11 Square|
|15 x 15 Circle
|12 x 12 3D
- If you are making a blinkie maker you have a choice - separate or on the block.
- Easy option - Separate - Tap out the alphabet into Paint, crop and save as individual images.
- A lot of work option - Add each letter to each color block you have. A to Z red, A to Z blue etc.......
- Also have them available in black and white.
- Fonts to use - Verdana, Sevenet 7, Silkscreen, Microbit, Pixies, Redensek. pixelfonts.zip more...
If you are making your first Blinkie it might seem a lot to do, but after making a few it gets so easy.
What you will need ?
What they are for.
- MSpaint to make the individual frames for the blinkie. Most of you should have this first one.
- Irfanview to convert the bmp files from MS Paint into GIFs. (also good image viewer) Freeware.
- Paint shop pro is a very good photo/paint program. Free trial befor you buy. More info
- UnFREEz takes GIF images, and creates a single animated GIF from those images. More info
- Animation Shop an animation program that comes with PSP.
Programs Used: Info:
- PaintShopPro is a very good photo/paint program and a lot faster to use than the more well known (and incomprehensibly expensive) Adobe Photoshop. PSP has lots of ways to edit just about every aspect of an image (lots of ways you probably never knew about) and the features can be combined many, many ways so that even after using it for years you can still find new effects through experimentation.
It even comes with Animation Shop so you can make cool animations and even mini movies!
Best buy for the money. Buy in UK
- UnFREEz is a high-speed Windows application that will take any number of images, saved as separate GIF files, and create a single animated GIF from those images. What makes this program unique from its competitors? First and foremost, UnFREEz is freeware, which means you may use it forever without paying a cent or feeling the slightest bit guilty. Secondly, UnFREEz is incredibly tiny, meaning you don't have to spend forever downloading an extremely bloated piece of software. Finally, it is so easy to use. Just drag and drop some GIF files from Explorer, set the frame delay time, and hit Make Animated GIF. UnFREEz will take care of the rest, including automatic interlacing and transparency detection. So download UnFREEz now and try it out for yourself! If you like it, keep it; it's Free!
| Blinkie Maker | Basic Blinkie Make | Blocks Tutuorial |
| Blinkie animation tutorial | Make your own Blinkie Maker |